Kansas Property & Debt Division
Kansas family law attorney, Mindy Reynolds, understands that a Kansas divorce can be frightening and overwhelming. The prospect of surrendering the assets that you have worked so hard to build during your marriage can be extremely stressful. It may have taken you many years to accumulate the most valuable assets in your marriage including retirement plans, a business, or a family home. The loss of these assets can mean more then financial loss; they may be accompanied by the fear of losing your financial security or may involve the emotional attachment you have to your family home where you raised your children.
The Topeka law firm of Mindy B. Reynolds understands that the division of property in your divorce may have far reaching consequences that may affect you and your family for many years after your divorce is final. Mindy Reynolds believes that the most effective legal representation involves helping her clients preserve the wealth that they have worked so hard to build as opposed to having their assets depleted by costly divorce litigation. Mindy Reynolds is dedicated to helping her clients minimize the financial costs associated with divorce so that they can protect the resources they need to rebuild their lives.
Creating a Bright Future Following Your Divorce
The Law Office of Mindy Reynolds believes that by taking a solution oriented problem solving approach to handling your divorce, she can help you emerge from the divorce process optimistic about the future.
Attorney Mindy Reynolds handles a wide range of property and debt division issues in Kansas divorces. These issues may involve the following:
- Complex valuation issues involving marital assets
- Disputes involving division of marital debt
- Division of interest in real property (family residence, rental property, vacation homes, land)
- Business valuation and division
- Division of retirement and savings plans including 401(K) plans and pension plans
- Division of Military Retirement
- Division of government sponsored retirement plans (Thrift Savings Plans (“TSP”); Federal Employees Retirement System (“FERS”), Civil Service Retirement System (“CSRS”); Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (“KPERS”)
- Division of Railroad Retirement
- Division of IRA’s and other tax deferred investments
Mindy Reynolds can help you negotiate an out-of-court settlement for the division of your assets and debts. When a settlement agreement is not possible, Topeka divorce attorney Mindy B. Reynolds is prepared to provide zealous representation in court based on effective time tested litigation strategies and artful advocacy.
Mindy Reynolds serves clients in Atchison, Coffey, Dickinson, Douglas, Geary, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Leavenworth, Miami, Pottawatomie, Riley, Saline, Shawnee, Wabaunsee, and Wyandotte Counties and throughout Kansas.